Giving everyone equal opportunities to succeed and celebrating our diversity are very important to us at learningSkills. We strive to make sure that everyone feels included in our courses and events.
At Gateshead Council learningSkills we are proud to serve our local community and actively adhere to the Gateshead Thrive Agenda.
We pledge to:
- Put people and families at the heart of everything we do.
- Tackle inequality so people have a fair chance.
- Support our communities to support themselves and each other.
- Invest in our economy to provide sustainable opportunities for employment, innovation and growth across the borough.
- Work together and fight for a better future for Gateshead.
We are committed to our awareness of making sure everyone has access to equal opportunities. We are also committed to celebrating the rich diversity of our culture within Gateshead.
Many organisations online offer equality and diversity calendars and a quick search online can help you discover upcoming celebrations and events.
Did you know some of these special dates in June?
- 5th June – World Environment Day
- 11th June – Corpus Christi (Catholic Christian)
- 12th June – World Day against Child Labour
- 14th June – World Blood Donor Day
- 15th June – World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- 16th June – Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev (Sikh)
- 21st June – World Humanist Day/Father’s Day
- 24th June – Nativity of Saint John the Baptist (Christian)
June is also LGBTQ Awareness month, Men’s Health Awareness month, Gypsy, Roma and Traveller History Month, Motor Neurone Disease Awareness Month and Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Awareness month.
Are you taking part in any events to celebrate equality, diversity or inclusion in the coming months? If so we would love to hear from you. Leave a comment above or email us at email@example.com