Role and Responsibilities
· Advise patients on all matters relating to appointments, requests for repeat prescriptions, home visits, complaints procedure and other issues relating to their healthcare - recording relevant information where required.
· Ensure efficiency of appointment system, monitor effectiveness and report any problems or variations required.
· Manage medical records: ensuring accurate filing of correspondence; results etc.
· Scan information onto patient records ensuring accuracy at all times.
· To receive and make calls as required, transferring calls internally and taking messages when necessary.
· Liaise with health care professionals and other outside agencies e.g., hospitals, pharmacies, local council
· To open and date stamp all courier and royal mail post, excluding private & confidential mail, and distribute to relevant individuals.
· To process private medical claims and fees - ensure all relevant data for claims and medical records are entered correctly and promptly on to the database.