Principles of Dementia Care Level 2 Certificate
Completing this course will give you the knowledge and understanding to help you to promote Dementia awareness and enhance the well-being of those within your care. According to the NHS, there are currently around 850,000 people with dementia in the UK. Estimations are that this number will increase to 1 million by 2025. Although Dementia is a very common disease, there is a lack of understanding around challenges and impact of caring for individuals with Dementia. It can be difficult for those directly affected by the changes dementia can bring. Individuals with Dementia are dependent on care workers, family and friends to support their care yet there is still a lack of awareness and understanding in the community.
The following topics covered within this qualification are:
- Dementia awareness
- The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care.
Certificate Principles of Dementia Care Certificate Level 2