I hope you are well and like us beginning to see a little ray of light at what seems to have been a very long period of challenging Covid uncertainty.
At Gateshead learningSkills we are really looking forward to seeing you all back with us when the Community courses that you have participated in previously resume once again on the 12th April.
Your safety is our number one priority. With this in mind we have;
- Made sure that classrooms are cleaned throughout the day
- Put cleaning stations in the entrance ways to all buildings and classrooms
- Made hand washing facilities easily available for everyone
- Made PPE available for all learners
- Ensured that ‘track and trace’ information is gathered at all sessions
- Spaced out workstations to maintain 2 meters distance between participants
- Put digital, online alternative courses in place for the majority of programmes
- Requested that learners bring their own drinks and not use the kitchen facilities
- Operated a one in one out system in all toilet areas
In order to accommodate you all in this next summer term the majority of courses will be operating a blended learning model. This means that one week half of your group will attend the session in person and then the following week you will attend online, for example; via Google Meets or Google classroom. Your tutor can help if you are struggling to access this, please do not worry about it, we are here to help. In order to make this completely fair to you the cost of your learning will be only 75% of the usual fee.
We hope that you will feel confident to return to your classroom but if not please talk to us about your concerns to any of the email addresses below.
You can access the new course prospectus via www.mylearningskills.co.uk/springprospectus from the 15th March and you can enrol online following the detailed information that is available on page 19 of the online prospectus, or over the telephone to 0191 4338646 or 01914336450. You can pay by debit or credit card or arrange to pay by cheque by post. If you feel that you need to come into the centre in person you can do this if you have let us know beforehand that you are coming.
If there is anything more we can do to make your reconnection with your learning a seamless experience please contact me email@example.com or my colleagues; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
We are so looking forward to seeing you all again.